Rhinology (Nose & Sinus)
Nose and sinus disorders (rhinology) afflict millions of people, causing pain, fatigue, headache, breathing difficulties and loss of smell, among other symptoms. In fact, sinusitis alone affects about 37 million people at least once each year, making it one of the most common illnesses in the United States.
These conditions are easily treatable; you don’t have to live with discomfort. The team at CNY Medical Professionals is skilled in diagnosing and treating a wide range of disorders and diseases affecting the nose and sinuses.
Common conditions affecting the nose and sinuses:
- Deviated nasal septum – displacement of the thin wall separating the nasal cavity
- Loss of smell – can be caused by nasal polyps, nasal septal deformities, nasal tumors, sinusitis, head injuries or certain medical conditions
- Nasal Allergies – an inflammation of the nasal membranes from exposure to pollen, pet dander or other allergens that results in a runny nose, sneezing, itching and watery eyes
- Nasal polyps – growths in the nasal lining
- Sinusitis – an inflammation and/or infection in one or more of the air-filled cavities located in the head
- Tumors – of the nose, sinuses, eyes and brain
- Turbinate hypertrophy – the abnormal enlargement or swelling of nasal structures, typically due to allergies or sinusitis
Common surgeries for nose and sinus disorders, which we can perform in our surgery center, include:
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Nasal Endoscopic Dacryocystorhinostomy
Septoplasty and Turbinate Reduction
Closed Reduction Nasal Fracture